Friday, September 15, 2006

ERAPA Reopens

We puttered off to ERAPA again today. Met people, re-met people, Linnea vanished off on her own for long periods, and played with other kids, mainly with one child her own age (as in, really truly her own age, only 20 days older) whom she addresses as "Poor little Pandy."

I met people who had genuinely enjoyed school for years on end. Not often that happens.

It was a learning experience for me, too. Travelling with an adult who has very little experience of travelling on public transport with one child, let alone with two, is hard work. Managing an infant in a sling is less difficult than managing a pregnant bump in a heatwave, as far as keeping track of the toddler is concerned. I have no idea at all how to talk to people and always feel like I'm taking over and turning a conversation into a monologue (particularly when people bring up birth and/or birth trauma!) or incredibly stilted and boring - or worse, bored. Clearly I need to go to Finishing School.

I also learned that there's a cool kind of paper airplane thing the kids make from a straw and two rings of paper, and I intend to make them with Linnea very shortly.

No comments:

Popular Posts