Monday, June 27, 2011

Ooh, evidence!

Because of our careless, happy go lucky, parentally disinterested take on education - um, or possibly child-led, it all depends - we don't often have clear evidence of what the children know or don't know.

But we happened to see the back of a book Linnea was reading to Emer the other day, "Until I Met Dudley," and it said Key Stage Two, so although it's a Baby Book by their lights, I can confidently say she's reading at the right Key Stage. And then later she made interconnected words with Bananagrams letters, and it turns out she does know the alphabet by heart, though she only ever sings it "wrong", presumably because that's funnier.

I have no idea what stage she's at mathematically but I expect I'll find a way to figure it out soon enough.

No comments:

Popular Posts